"I see Ancn in his sip."
Translation: I see Anakin in his ship.
My son wrote that! When we came home from school today he said, "I learned a new word today Mom. I learned see. Does that mean I can write stuff now?" So I got out his journal (which up until now has been used to practice the alphabet and his name), handed him a pencil, and stood back to watch what he would do. It was awesome! He started by writing the words "I see", words that he has learned in kindergarten. Then, when I was getting ready to step in and help him, he continued to write on his own. At one point he even erased because, "I forgot to leave a finger space." When he was finished, he looked at me with a huge grin on his face, and said, " Want me to read you my story Mom?" It gets better...he proceeded to read me his story while pointing at his words on the paper! Now, I know that I am a teacher, and that Cody is my son, but come on, that is COOL!
How exciting!!! I don't think it matters if you've seen that before a million times, it's amazing when your own kid does something awesome like that!
ReplyDeleteThat is too cool! I love that his first sample is about Anakin!
ReplyDelete