Friday, November 6, 2009

Good mommy strategy...

This morning, while I was driving to school, just minding my own business, Cody blurted out a very serious question. The conversation went something like this...

C- Mom, remember when Emma was in your tummy? Well, how did she get out?
Me - Uh. Um. Uh. Um. Cody why don't you count to 100 while I think about that. (I thought this was a pretty clever diversion which would cause him to forget his question for at least a little while.)
But alas...
C- (after counting to 100) So Mommy, did you have a chance to think?
Me - Um, what was your question again?
C- How did Emma get out of your tummy when she was a baby?
Me - Oh, right. Well, um, the doctor got her out of course.
C- Oh, OK!

Thank goodness he's five and was totally accepting of my answer. I know someday I'm going to have to tell him the truth, or at least something closer to it, but I'm totally unprepared for that conversation. As a matter of fact, I think I'm too immature to handle it. I may have to send him Daddy's way when the subject comes up again. (hee,hee)

No comments:

Post a Comment