Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Saddest Halloween Ever...


Last night was Halloween - every child's favorite night, and the Rowan children did not get to participate in the festivities. As we were getting ready to go trick-or-treating with friends, Cody began to complain that his stomach hurt. About 5 minutes later, the throwing up began, and then continued every half hour all night long. At one point, during a calm moment, Jay asked Cody if he wanted to get his costume on and go trick-or-treat next door. His response was so sad, I almost couldn't bear it...(with tears in his eyes) "I don't think I can make it Daddy." This morning Cody woke up and the reality of what had occurred hit him full on. The first thing he said to me was, "Can I go trick-or-treating today?," followed by, "Did I really miss Halloween?" Poor little boy.


Emma however, never misses an opportunity to dress up, so though she didn't get to go trick-or-treating she donned several outfits for the occasion.


testing out brother's cape
sporting the ghost shirt

Anyone wanna jitterbug?

No comments:

Post a Comment