Today is the last day that my baby is one. Tomorrow I will write my sweet girl her birthday letter in which I will recap the year, tell her some of my favorite memories and some silly stories, make clear how important she is to our family, and generally gush about how much I love her. But tonight, I feel the need to wallow in my sadness a little. Two is bittersweet. Though she will always be my baby, she will cease to have those baby-like qualities and mannerisms that I have grown to adore. With the dawning of two, I foresee less spontaneous acts of cuddling, fewer instances of peaceful rocking, and more time debating, arguing, and tantrum throwing. She has already begun to exert her independence, show her true colors, and experiment with manipulation tactics, and though these things are natural and will help her to shape her personality and become the little person that I am excited to know, I would be forever grateful for a pause button right about now. So, for tonight, in these last moments that she is one, I will spend as much time cuddling, rocking, and soaking up all the gentle kisses, ferocious hugs, and sweet compliments that I can, because tomorrow we will wake up to a 2 year old and we will begin a whole new chapter.
Okay-You had to have cried while typing this, cuz I am teary reading it:)
ReplyDelete