Thursday, May 27, 2010

No Birthday!

Upon first seeing my big 2 year old girl this morning, I greeted her with a hug and a cheerful, "Happy Birthday." Her response was to scowl at me and grump, " No birthday!" OK, so she's not a morning person. I totally get that. So, I walked away, finished getting ready for work and thought to myself, "I'll try again later - she must still be tired." Usually when Emma is grumpy, a little bit of distraction is all it takes to settle her down and get her back on track. Fast forward 30 minutes or so...We're ready to leave and I'm putting Emma in her car seat and giving her a kiss goodbye. I say, "Bye baby girl. I'll see you later. Have a good day...blah, blah, blah...Happy Birthday." Well, she took my face in her hands and turned it towards hers muttering, " Look-a me Mommy." So I did, I looked, and what I saw was not pretty. She had steam coming from her ears, and said in her most I-mean-business voice, "No birthday Mommy!" So I guess it's no birthday for Emma today. We'll try again tomorrow?

1 comment: