Tuesday, October 21, 2008

OMG!

Today Cody told me something that completely shocked me... For some time now, I'd say nearly 2 months or so, Cody has been coming home talking about his friend Lily Marie. "Lily Marie and I played lions today. I was Simba and she was Nala." Lily Marie and I played on the swings." "Lily Marie and I played with the Legos." And so on, and so forth. He has talked about Lily Marie so much, that I began to wonder just which little girl she might be. (I know most of the boys he plays with already.) So, for the last couple of days, when I've picked him up, I've asked him, " Is Lily Marie here today?" His response until today, has always been, "No Mom, she's already gone," or "She didn't come today." Today, when I asked him again if Lily Marie was at school, he said, "Mommy, Lily Marie is just pretend, like my baby deer." OMG!!!! I had NO idea! I am still reeling from that information - it blew me away!

1 comment: