Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Super Cody!

Today I took Cody for his 4 year well-child checkup. They weighed and measured him as well as checked his vision and hearing. Cody is, as I have suspected for some time, way off the charts for height. The doctor gave me a graph that showed that a child Cody's age and weight is, on average, between 3'4" and 3'6" tall. Cody is 3'9" tall!!! I always knew he was tall, but WOW! On a different note, I was also super impressed with Cody's letter recognition on the eye exam. The nurse had asked Cody if he knew his ABC's or if he wanted a chart with pictures - he chose the letters, and got all but one correct. At the very end, she pointed to a v, and he said, " I can see that letter, but I don't know his name - he says /v/, /v/, /v/, like volcano. " She looked at me and we both burst into giggles. What a smartie pants!

PS- It turns out that Cody is not hearing impaired as we have often assumed, he simply is choosing not to listen to us - can you believe that!

2 comments:

  1. Geez, I knew that kid was huge! You had better start a savings account NOW if you want to be able to afford all those big and tall clothes and the GIANT, special order shoes!

    ReplyDelete