Monday, October 20, 2008

A lesson in logical thinking...

Yesterday I was at Target with the kids looking for a Halloween costume for Emma. It was our third stop of the day, and I'd yet to see anything that matched the fancy frilly pink frock of my imagination, so I threw in the towel and told Cody that he could choose Emma's costume from the vast (wink, wink) selection on the Target shelves. He thought for a moment, then proceeded to choose THE LEAST girly costume available. Very much to my dismay, Emma will be a chili pepper for her first Halloween. When I asked Cody about his choice he told me, "Mommy, a hot pepper is kinda like fire, and fire is kinda like a superpower, and superheroes have superpowers, and superheroes are cool." Though my initial plan was to talk him out of the chili pepper, I ended up standing in the aisle with my mouth agape, and was unable to come up with an argument that was better than his. So, chili pepper, here we come!

4 comments:

  1. She is sure to be the cutest chili pepper ever. I can not wait to see photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Miss Hot Tamale!

    Brandon chose to be a UPS Man. At first I thought of talking him out of it, but changed my mind. He's super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a smartie pants! I guess she'll have to be a chili pepper! Is Cody going as Penis Man?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Penis Man this year - thank goodness!!!!

    ReplyDelete