'The Week Before Christmas
(at Casa Rowan)
'Twas the week before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a child was stressed out, nor for that matter, a spouse;
The stockings were hung on their hooks on the wall,
Except for poor Emma's - it's still at the mall;
Cody's so thrilled that he's jumping on beds,
While visions of traffic jams dance in my head;
And Jay with his football and me with my lists,
I check and I double check so that nothing is missed;
When from out on the yard there arose such a clatter,
We all sprang from the couch to see what was the matter.
Away to the front door we flew like "The Flash,"
Unlocking the bolt and hoping for cash (?).
The garbage was spread out on the newly raked grass,
Man our new dog can be a pain in the $#%!
When what to the boys' surprised eyes should appear,
but a whimpering pup, and from me - well, a tear.
With the house all a wreck and Christmas not far,
I looked up at the sky and I wished on a star.
I wished to be finished with all my pre-holiday chores,
So that I could stop fretting and being a bore.
I wished for a maid, or at least a clean house,
I hoped for some help from my kids, and my spouse.
And then in a twinkling I remembered with glee,
that I am so lucky to be "we," not just "me."
For a husband who's kind and still gives me the wink,
and who knows that to me everything's better in pink.
For a son who greets me each day with a squeeze and a kiss,
and who's quick with a smile for his mom, dad, and sis.
For a daughter that sleeps, and rarely cries,
And looks at me lovingly with those big, big, blue eyes.
For all of these things, I give thanks every day,
For laughter, and love, and sleep, and play.
To be here with the ones that I hold so dear,
I truly am grateful at this time of year.
So here's hoping you're happy and that your loved ones are well,
we are missing you madly as we near the Noel.
I'll end with a wish for 2009...
May you have happiness, health, and lots of good wine!
Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!
We love you all!
Teresa, Jay, Cody & Emma Rowan
Wow you are so talented. I could never come up with something like that. Have a wonderful Christmas.
ReplyDeleteLove it, Miss Clever!
ReplyDelete