Sunday, December 14, 2008

Family

This afternoon was a rough one here at Casa Rowan. The weather was awful which meant that no one really got outside to run off their accumulated energy (namely Cody). After yet another time out, I went in to retrieve Cody and to talk about why he needed to take a break. After our talk, I gave him a hug and began walking back to what I was doing, when he fiercely grabbed my hand and began speaking. Here's what he said...

Cody - "Mommy, I'm so glad that even when you're angry, you still love me. And, don't worry, even when I'm in time out, I still love you. Do you think that's what makes a family?"
Me (with tears in my eyes obviously) - "Yes buddy, I'm pretty sure that, that is exactly what makes a family."

I love that kid - he's wise beyond his years, not to mention adorable, and hilarious too!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet kid! Can I reserve him for my bug? Let's arrange a marriage... we can start talking dowry anytime you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've secretly hoped to arrange them - glad we agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They would make the cuties couple.

    ReplyDelete