One of my favorite stories to read to Cody when he was really little was "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch. It's been a while since he's pulled it off the shelf, but last night, it was his choice for a bedtime story. When we finished reading, my sweet little boy looked at me with much adoration and ...
Cody: " Mommy, when you are really old, you'll still be my mommy right?"
Me: "Yes, Cody, I'll always be your mommy - even when I'm really old."
Cody: "That's good Mommy, because I will still want you to be my mommy when you are very old, because I really love you a lot. You are a good mommy."
Me: (with tears in my eyes) " I really love you a lot too buddy. You are my best guy."
I live for moments like this!!!
Aw, how sweet... and more great proof for when he's older that he really did love you once ;)
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhh! Tears in my eyes too!
ReplyDeleteYou...teary eyed??? I'm suprised that you didn't have to send Cody to get a box of tissue!
ReplyDelete