Monday, July 21, 2008
Maybe it's the new math?
This morning as I was taking Cody to school, he said to me, "Mommy, you and daddy have more fingers than me. When will I get more fingers like you guys?" I giggled, and then I asked him to count his fingers. He did - 10. Then I asked him to count my fingers - also 10. "See Cody," I said, "we have the same number of fingers. We both have 10". He thought about this for a minute then said, "I don't know how you did that Mommy, but you tricked me." "What do you mean I tricked you", I responded. "Well, when you were driving I counted your fingers and you had 11. Where did you hide the other one?" he asked. Once again I giggled, and tried to convince him that I really, truly have always had only 10 fingers. He adamantly disagreed, and went into school still believing that I had somehow magically tricked him. What a funny little boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment