Cody is practically a fish during the summer. Multiple times a day, you can hear him say, "Can we go swimming?" Thankfully, Jay is also part fish, and usually is ready and willing to take Cody for a dip. I love that we have the pool, but really, I'm a sissy. If the water is not bathtub warm, I generally can be found watching from a lounge chair or sitting on the steps with only my legs in.
Well today, little Emma had her first experience in the pool. She's dipped her toes a few times, but today she went all the way in. And though she seemed to get used to the water, I'd have to say that her initial screaming as she was submerged, was much like you might hear from her mommy. I know that Jay and Cody will continue to try to tempt both Emma and I with promises of warm water, and how "good it feels," so we may become fish yet!
It makes me feel relieved, actually, that we DON'T have a pool because I know that Tatum would want to be in it constantly and I also know that I wouldn't want to be :)
ReplyDelete