I have so much to be thankful for this year...
I am thankful for my husband, Jay. I love that he still makes me laugh, and lets me cry. I love that we still enjoy each others company and have things to talk about. I love that after almost 10 years together, through pregnancy, childbirth, and even morning breath, he still looks at me with "that look" and means it. I am reminded each day of why I chose him, and I have yet to regret that choice.
I am thankful for my son, Cody. I love that I am the first person he wants to see when he wakes up in the morning, and the last one he wants to see before bed at night. I love that he randomly calls out, " I love you Mommy" when the mood strikes him. I love that he makes me mud pies at school, and colors me endless pictures at home. I love that he thinks I'm a good Mommy, even when I doubt myself. I love that he gives his love so freely and openly. But mostly, I love that I am a recipient of that love.
I am thankful for my daughter, Emma. I love that she can light up the room with just a smile. I love the way she holds my face in both hands when I rock her to sleep at night. I love that she has brought out the gentle and sensitive sides in both Jay and Cody. I love the look of wonder and amazement that she often wears while looking at seemingly ordinary things. I love experiencing life's small miracles all over again through her eyes. I love that she is at once a blank canvas and a timeless masterpiece. I love that I get to be her mommy.
My grandmother is always saying to me, "Teresa, you've got it all," and on this Thanksgiving I can honestly say that she's absolutely right.
I love, Love, LOVE this....you do have it all!
ReplyDeleteOK, my turn to get a tissue:)
ReplyDelete