Wednesday, August 20, 2008

dramastics

I love the Olympics! We have been tivoing the swimming and gymnastics, or as Cody calls it "dramastics," and watching them at a more decent hour, and both Cody and I are hooked. Tonight, as we were watching the uneven bar individual medal competition, Cody said to me, "Mom, pretend you're my dad and I'm Nastia. Watch me flip and win the gold medal." Jay of course says to him, "Cody, you're a boy." To which Cody responds with confidence, "Not right now I'm not. I'm Nastia." I so remember pretending to be Nadia and Mary Lou, I totally get it. But, I am positive that Jay was extremely uncomfortable with this game of pretend.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to be one of those gymnasts so badly! I would go around the house cartwheeling for weeks :) Jay just doesn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say "Way to go Cody!" Jay, let him be a kid. Imagination is the best gift he has.

    ReplyDelete