Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First Day

Today was the first day of school. Though I've been working like a dog to get ready, this is the least prepared I've ever felt at the beginning of the school year. My room is not only not finished being set up, it is not finished being renovated. All of the technology that was supposed to be delivered is currently in Canada, two of my windows are broken, and I do not yet have a key to my classroom door. My students, though super cute, as 5 and 6 year olds tend to be, are the most chatty group I've had to date. (Usually they are on their best behavior the first day. But, if this was their best behavior, I'm doomed.)

My kids, on the other hand, are making a fantastic impression on their teachers, as they ease into daycare/preschool. Cody has always been applauded at school for his kindness, empathy, and good manners. And now, Emma is making her mark. She has captivated all of the women with her smile, easygoing nature, and new-found coos and squeals.

It may be a really long year, but at least when the day is done I get to come home to the people I love. I can't wait to see what life throws at us next!

2 comments:

  1. 1st your a blog dork
    2nd it is really cool to read your everyday stuff
    (I hope this doesn't stop the christmas book)
    3rd emma and cody are cute
    4th I wish I could do this...
    5th does she sleep at night?
    and lastly
    how are you going back to work?

    Love,
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last paragraph is so sweet! You see what is really important in your life, and I love you for that.

    cheers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete