Friday, August 29, 2008

Daddy's home!

Jay got home this evening after a long week away. While he was organizing and carrying out a major fish rescue at Caples Lake, we were busy trying to manage our day to day life without one of our key players. Though I often chide Jay about how little he does around the house, it was not until he was gone and actually doing nothing, that I came to realize that he is actually quite a bit more helpful than I give him credit for. Single mommyhood is exhausting. It is so exhausting in fact that this afternoon while I was pumping during my lunchtime, I fell asleep for a few moments in the small closet-like workroom where I hide out. Fortunately a duo of kindergartners ran in the classroom and woke me - I could have slept for hours. It has been a very long, and exhausting week (for all of us), and we are looking forward to spending some time together on this long holiday weekend.

And now, with the children all snug and sleeping, Jay and I are off to bed. (It's 8:30 on a Friday night! Man, we are so sad.)

4 comments:

  1. I have to ask - did you type the phrase "organizing and carrying out a big fish rescue" with a straight face?

    8:30 bedtime, sounds like the perfect Friday night to me! Have a good long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on now. Unless you are a fish biologist like Jay, it is almost impossible to talk about fish rescues without giggling! Really, is that even a tral thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real thing is actually what I meant to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you in bed EVERY night by 8:30? I'm glad Jay is finally home. Get some rest and enjoy the extra day.

    ReplyDelete